Tinolang Tahong/Quick Stew Mussels
Chopped garlic – 3 cloves
Chopped ginger – thumb size
Chopped red onions – medium size
Sliced tomatoes – 3 medium size
Spring Onions – 3 stalks (Separated the whites from the greens)
1 ½ kilo of mussels/tahong
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon white sugar
½ liter water
- First is we need to clean the mussels. remove the hair by trimming it using a knife. Then rinse them with water 3 times.
- Using a large pot, drizzle a bit of cooking oi. Then toss the onions stir for a few seconds, followed by the garlic and ginger.
- Then pour the mussels in. Stir for a minute to make sure each of these shell fish gets the proper heat.
- Then lets add the tomatoes, followed by the white spring onion stalks. Then add ½ a liter of water. Then our lokot. And we will let this cook for about 4 minutes.
- Then stir again making sure each ingredients are cooked. Add the salt, and a sprinkle of white sugar to balance the flavor.
- Let it boil again for 2 minutes. And we are done!
- Serve hot and enjoy it as a starter or pair with a steamy bowl of rice.