Parmesan Cheese Popcorn
Hi guys, it’s movie date night with my girls and as part of our tv date night tradition, there should always be popcorn! Here’s the recipe that serves 3.
½ cup of corn kernels
2 tablespoon of cooking oil
1/8 cup of melted butter
¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to your casserole/pot. Then add the corn kernels. Make sure to thoroughly coat the corn kernels with oil to avoid the popcorn from sticking to the pot later.
- Next is you want to make sure that your stove is seat to high heat, then once you hear the beautiful “popping sounds” turn the heat low, and shake it from time to time just so you won’t end up with burnt popcorns. The whole cooking time approximately takes 2 to 3 minutes and the trick is once you don’t hear much popping anymore, lift the pot or turn the stove off and shake it so it won’t burn.
- Section the popcorn and drizzle a portion of the melted butter and mix altogether making sure that its thoroughly coated by the butter.
- Then add the parmesan cheese (or if you don’t like real cheese you can substitute it with cheese powder), make sure not to skip the butter if you are using parmesan cheese or else the cheese won’t stick to the popcorn.
- Continue to mix, then add more cheese or salt depending on your preferred taste. Serve!