Fluffy & Milky Pancake
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Like really fluffy, creamy, milky, pancakes! Most of us home cooks would normally buy the pre-mixed pancake box from a grocery store to achieve such "YUMMY PANCAKES". They're great, but they are NOT really that great for me. Plus, you actually do not have to buy those boxes also. Making a restaurant-style pancake is actually EASY TO MAKE as long as you have the right ingredients and measurements for it. Trust me! I've tried so many recipes and, tweaked and tested on everything! Well, maybe not on everything for years already. Then I gave up on it. Forgotten all about it. Not until the lockdown happened. You know those moments when you ramage through your kitchen trying to figure out what "EXCITING DISH" to make for your family.
So since the lockdown, I’ve experimented on variations of this recipe, I finally nailed it! But this one right here I believe is the best recipe I’ve created so far.
All-purpose flour - 2 cups
Baking powder 3 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Evaporated milk – 1 large can (about 250 to 300ml)
White sugar - ½ cup
Vegetable oil for greasing
- In a large bowl, run the flour through a sift to separate any lumps on the flour.
- Add in the baking powder, sugar, salt then mix all the dry ingredients.
- Next is add the milk and eggs to the dry ingredients, mix until you have a lump-free batter.
- On a flat pan (non-stick or iron skillet), grease the pan and set the heat to medium low.
- Using a deep ladle, scoop a portion of the batter and pour it to the pan. Give it around 45 seconds to a minute, or until bubbles starts to form on the sides, and then flip the pancake and wait for another 45 seconds to a minute.
- Repeat steps 4 to 5. Note that you can also add toppings to this pancake like chocolate chips, slices of bananas, or any other toppings that you want.
- On a plate, stack up 2 or 3 layers of pancakes, and drizzle with honey and add a slice of butter on top.
- Serve and enjoy!