Chinese Chili Oil
Ever wondered how those spicy and yummy chili oils from your fave dimsum favorites are made? If you’re like me who likes a good spicy kick from Chinese cuisine or any Asian food, then you might as well have a Chili Oil ready in your kitchen. It’s very easy to make, and can be stored for months! So stop buying those chili oils in a jar and buy fresh chili’s and cook some for your kitchen.
2 cups fresh red chili’s (chopped)
1 1/2 bulb of garlic (peeled and chopped)
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup of water (optional)
2 cups cooking oil
1. Finely chop the chili’s and garlic and then place in separate bowls.
2. Using a pan put the heat to medium, add 1/4 cup of the oil. Once the oil is hot, pour the chopped garlic. Stir for 30 seconds.
3. Then add the chopped chili’s. Stir for another 1 minute.
4. Add the remaining cooking oil and the salt, stir again for about 15 seconds until all ingredients are combined.
4. (Optional) Add half cup of water if you want a softer texture of chili’s and garlic. Continuously stir the ingredients thoroughly until the water fully evaporates.
5. Once water has evaporated, turn the stove off.
6. Let it cool at room temperature, then transfer to a glass jar. Store at a room temperature and serve this Chinese Chili Oil with your favorite Dimsum and Asian dishes.