If you’re on the go and need to whip up something delicious without spending hours in the kitchen, a pasta dish is one of the easy meals that you can prepare. Another thing I like about pasta dishes is that you can literally add almost any ingredients to it. Throw in a few veggies and meat, and you set! Ahhh, ain’t life easy right?
This White-Sauce Chicken and Spinach Fettuccine is a hearty and quick-meal that you can prep for your family. It basically is a complete meal already with veggies, protein, and a creamy sauce that kids will surely love. I am not a big fan of thick white sauce pasta, so I made this light white sauce version instead that you can easily whip up in your kitchen. Hope you fellow foodies will like it.
½ cup of all-purpose cream
1 ½ tablespoon grounded black pepper
1 tablespoon Salt
¼ cup of butter
1 cup full cream milk
4 crushed garlic
½ bulb large size white onions
3 cloves of chopped garlic
450grams Fettucine pasta (you can also use spaghetti pasta)
Extra virgin olive oil
½ kilo of spinach
1 ½ liter of water for boiling
½ chicken bouillon cubes (chicken)
- Boil the water, then add a tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoon of oil, then stir.
- Add the pasta make sure to mix it and let it boil for 5 to 7 minutes or until al-dente.
- Remove the pasta, and set aside the pasta water for later.
- Wipe the chicken meat ‘til dry. Then sprinkle with the pepper and salt. Be generous of the salt and pepper because that will just fall off anyway once we put it in the pan.
- Using searing hot skillet (or any pan will do), add the extra virgin olive oil and place the chicken meat with skin side down. Toss in our garlic. Let it sear for about 2 minutes or until the skin is brown.
- Add the butter, then flip the chicken, and baste it with the oil so it doesn’t dry up. Remove from the pan, set aside and let it rest.
- Remove the excess oil, and add onions and garlic. Add ½ cup of water, then half of a chicken bouillon cubes. Stir until that chicken cube is dissolved.
- Place the chicken back to the sauce, and add the milk and let it cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the chicken thighs again and set aside.
- Add about 1 cup of the pasta water from earlier. Followed by the all-purpose cream, and spinach. Mix everything until the spinach wilts. Then add the pasta, and mix everything together.
Slice the chicken to bite size pieces. Then top it to the pasta. (Optional: add the cooked crushed garlic from earlier)
- Serve with slices of French bread/baguettes and top each serving with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!