Who doesn’t love pancakes? Like really fluffy, creamy, milky, pancakes! Most of us home cooks would normally buy the pre-mixed pancake box from a grocery store to achieve such “YUMMY PANCAKES”. They’re great, but they are NOT really that great for me. Plus, you actually do not have to buy those boxes also. Making a restaurant-style pancake is actually EASY TO MAKE
Month: June 2020
Before you make a yummy pie, in this case an ube pie. You need to make the pie crust. This pie crust recipe is ideal for sweet pies but if you want to use this for savory pies, just omit the sugar in the recipe. Here’s how you can easily make it at home.
2 ½ cups all purpose flour/first-class flour
1/8 cup white sugar
150 grams butter (cold)
Ice cold water
1. Sift the flour on a large bowl then add the sugar and mix altogether.
2. Cut the butter into 1 inch cubes, then add to the flour mixture.
3. Roughly break the butter to the mixture until you have a chunky texture of the flour.
4. Then slowly add the cold water (about 3 tablespoon at a time) while continuously massaging the flour to a dough. Once you achieve a soft texture on the dough, wrap it on a cling wrap and place it in the fridge for 45 minutes.
5. Next is cut the dough into half. The first dough will be for the bottom crust, while the second dough will be used as a top crust/ribbon.
6. With the first half of the dough, massage it to form a ball. Then using a flat surface, dust it with flour so as your rolling pin.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
8. Flatten the dough using the rolling pin by rolling the dough in one direction, then turn the dough to one side. Make sure to have the thickness of the dough is as same as a coin.
9. Place your pie mold on top of the dough, and cut it 1 inch wider of the actual container.
10. Oil your pie container, then place the dough on top of it. Gently tap the sides of the container to make sure that the dough fits properly to the mold.
11. Cover the dough with a tin foil, and add weights to the bottom part of the dough to avoid the dough from rising.
12. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
13. Now for the 2nd half of the dough, repeat steps 5 to 7.
14. Then using a ruler as a guide, cut the dough into 1 inch wide, and remove and group each strips.
15. When adding the dough ribbons as the top crust, pinch the uncooked dough to the bottom crust, and do a criss-cross pattern of weaving to the ribbons.
Note: Add an egg wash to the dough ribbon to give it a golden brown color once cooked.
16. Bake the top ribbons with the pie filling altogether for about 30-45 minutes, or until the top pie crust turns golden brown.
Now if you want to know how I made this criss-cross pattern on this video or basically the full recipe of this Ube Pie, you can see the recipe here.